INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the website and the Services, Stericsson.com collects certain information that can be used to contact or identify you including, but not limited to, your email address, name, phone number, postal address, or other information (“Personal Information”). We also collect technical or non-personal information, which independent of your Personal Information cannot identify you.
Personal Information includes:
- Contact information: When you submit a form to download resources, request information, attend a webinar, respond to a survey, apply to a job opening, or otherwise contact us electronically.
- Account information: You may register to create an account and provide Personal Information in order to be able to save your profile and the data associated with it.
- Identity Provider Information: If you authenticate on the Services using an identity provider such as GitHub or Google (the “Identity Provider”), the Identity Provider may send us your registration or profile information on that service and other information that you authorize. This information enables us to authenticate you and improve the Services.
Other information includes:
- Log and Analytics Data: We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Services (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, approximate location, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information and other information for these purposes:
- To deliver, monitor and enhance the Services
- To identify and communicate with you, respond to your requests/inquiries, provide customer service and fulfill orders
- To process payments where applicable
- To control unauthorized use or abuse of the Services, and detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- To analyze trends, administer or optimize the Services, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around the Services) and gather demographic information about our user base
- To market our Services to you, including by sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services. Your opt-out options for promotional communications are described in Section 8: Your Controls and Choices
- To deliver advertising, including by managing ads on third party sites and to tailor ads based on your interests and browsing history.
YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
Promotional Email: We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing and promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included on such communications or in the Services. (Please note that you may be unable to opt-out of certain service-related communications while you have an active account.)
Blocking Cookies: You can view and receive notifications on cookie activity, and remove or block certain cookies, using the settings in your internet browser (see Section 4 for more information). Be advised that the Services may cease to function properly if you block cookies.
Do Not Track: Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser. Our Services do not change behavior based on a web browser’s Do Not Track signal.
Access Your Data: Individuals may request information on which personal information we have collected by emailing.
We keep your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in Section 2 above. Except as noted below, we will retain your account profile data as necessary for our legitimate business purposes or to comply with our legal obligations (such as record keeping, accounting, fraud prevention and other business administrative purposes). Generally we will anonymize or delete personal data from the Services within 180 days after an account is deleted. However, we will maintain certain personal information longer for legitimate purposes including (a) accounting purposes, (b) to be able to defend or raise a claim, (c) direct communications regarding past business transactions, (d) marketing (where you have not opted-out), and (e) maintaining complete business records of services rendered. Any data so retained is controlled and protected per this Policy. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. Be advised that no system of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is perfectly secure, and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of any Personal Information we have collected from you.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, be advised that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to the United States and process it there.
Our services are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13 (“Child” or “Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a Child without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We may change this policy by posting a new version of this policy on this Website. When we do change the policy, we will also revise the “Last updated” date at the top of this page and may notify you of any material changes or post a message on the Website. Your continued use of this Website and the Services following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised policy.