CW1260 - IEEE 802.11abgn WLAN
The CW1260 is a single-chip Wi-Fi device with integrated power amplifier (PA) that reduces footprint and increases battery life for a wide variety of applications. The device packs a wide array of advanced features that increases user experience, reduces power consumption, extends range and maximizes performance in multi-radio platforms. It is housed in a WLCSP package with an integrated SMPS, and delivers a world class application area of less than 60 mm2.
- Single-chip dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz IEEE802.11abgn
- Comprehensive peer-to-peer connectivity support for Wi-Fi Direct
- Multi-band, multi-channel, multi-mode concurrent operation
- Ultra low system power consumption with special intelligence on-chip
- Network offload, roaming offload & packet processing
- Fast and reliable access point (AP) association for lowest energy usage
- Enhanced Bluetooth coexistence – ePTA
- Plus IEEE 802.15.2 4-wire modes for Bluetooth and WiMAX
- Cellular coexistence
- SDIO and SPI interfaces
- Integrated +23 dBm PA
- Compact footprint
- Small WLCSP package and high levels of integration
- SMPS DC-DC direct battery connection
- Capacity for additional connectivity devices such as Bluetooth, FM, GNSS and NFC
- Integrated linear regulators allow 1.8 V supply if available
- Calibration-free manufacture
- Extensive coverage of IEEE 802.11 extensions for QoS, security and international roaming
- 802.11i, WPA /WPA2 personal and enterprise
- WEP, WAPI and CCX™ client security
- 802.11e, WMM and WMM-PS
- Soft Access Point mode
- CCX™ client QoS
- 802.11r fast roaming
- 802.11k radio performance
- 802.11w management frame protection
- 802.11d regulatory domain
- 802.11h 5 GHz TPC/DFS
- Flexible platform clock support
- Digital or sine-wave input supports a wide range of frequencies
- Direct external crystal input reference clock
- Low power consumption and host offloading for longer battery life
- Integrated high output power PA delivers link quality in noisy environments to enable better VoIP experience
- Available as a complete WLAN-GNSS-Bluetooth-FM subsystem with ST-Ericsson’s CG2905 GNSS-Bluetooth-FM device providing enhanced Bluetooth-WLAN coexistence using ST-Ericsson ePTA protocol
- High level of integration and small package size enable applicability in low-end phones with sleek and thin form factor
The CW1260 is an IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN single-chip solution and is fully optimized for a wide-variety of applications such as mobile phones, tablets, wireless home audio entertainment systems, portable media players and gaming consoles.
Extremely low power consumption and intelligent host offloading of network stack functions, roaming and packet processing ensures industry-leading battery life. High levels of integration allow for very compact and cost-effective reference designs providing fast time to market for new WLAN-enabled products.
Building on its successful predecessors, such as the CW1200 and CW1250, the CW1260 integrates a power amplifier with higher Tx output power and reduced power consumption, a switch-mode power supply and an enhanced Bluetooth coexistence interface.
Being an ideal partner to ST-Ericsson’s CG2905 GNSS/Bluetooth/FM, the CW1260 uses simultaneous receive and enhanced Bluetooth/WLAN coexistence to provide superior performance and flexibility to single-chip Bluetooth/WLAN solutions.
The CW1260 also offers standard PTA supporting a wide range of Bluetooth or WiMAX solutions. The integrated SMPS can support GNSS, Bluetooth, FM and other connectivity devices reducing overall BOM costs.
A comprehensive suite of software is provided, including proven drivers for Android/Linux, RTOS and Windows based platforms, along with production test and engineering software utilities.